Modest Croatian tourist saves two tourists from drowning – calls for Pattaya lifeguards
A Croatian tourist saved not one but two visitors to Pattaya on a single afternoon. But he refused to call himself a hero opting for “Good Samaritan” instead. Thaivisa caught up with 51 year old Sinisa Leto after he contacted us on Facebook to call for lifeguards to patrol Pattaya’s beaches. He gave Thaivisa footage of the aftermath in which he had rescued what he believed to be two Chinese nationals at the beach at the end of last week. While modest Sinisa was doing the life saving girlfriends of the victims were filming on the beach. The two men were with each other but got into trouble in the deep water and were effectively pulling each other down. This is when the 190 cm tall and well built Croatian from Pula plunged into action. “If I had not rescued them they were dead for sure as they were pulling each other down,” said Sinisa. “When I got to them they grabbed me like I was a million Euros! “There was no verbal communication – they were just fighting for their lives”. In the video he advised one of the men not to go so deep next time. The incident happened opposite the Bella Vista Hotel on Beach Road, he said last Friday or Saturday. Sinisa said that he has made about ten visits to Thailand and this time he has been in Thailand a month already and will go to Phuket next. He plans to stay for three months in total. He spoke of the need for lifeguards. “I handled this as there was no one else to give assistance. Some other guys were there but didn’t offer any help. “Lifeguards are necessary – people get into trouble and soon find themselves in deep water unable to help... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Modest Croatian tourist saves two tourists from drowning – calls for Pattaya lifeguards, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 16 January, 2019
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Tourism minister orders study of Pattaya as model for 4am closing time Samui Times (Today) - Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakan said he has ordered the Tourism Authority of Thailand to use Pattaya as a model to study the benefits of delaying closing hours of...
- Older News
- Vote! Croatia Recalls Diplomat From Germany Over Racist Comments VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Croatia's Foreign Ministry has suspended a senior diplomat whose posts on Facebook have been described as racist.Foreign Minister Gordan Grlic says Elizabeta Madjarevic has been recalled from Germany and will...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - BMA threatens to fine repeated sidewalk riders Bt3,000
- - 3 bedroom Modern townhouses for sale Rawai
- - Hong Kong's Quietly Confrontational Protest
- - Facebook user thanks cat for unearthing husband’s hidden treasure
- - Tourism minister orders study of Pattaya as model for 4am closing time
- - New traffic law: Just taking a picture of your licence and showing on your phone is not enough
- - Noodle vendor claims they urinated in the broth “to cure muscle aches”
- - Don Mueang Airport: 20 more immigration counters to open this week
- - Are DRC, Mozambique Insurgencies a Real IS Threat? Or an Attention Grab?
- - DRC, Mozambique Insurgencies Need Local Responses, Experts Say