Military closely monitors movement of disciples of five senior monks implicated in temple fund fraud
The military is closely monitoring reaction by disciples and followers of the five senior monks implicated in temple fund embezzlement but so far there was no unusual movement. This was disclosed yesterday by spokesman for the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Maj Gen Piyaphong Klinphan after Pol Lt-Col Pongporn Pramsaneh, the director of the National Office of Buddhism, filed a complaint with the National Anti-Corruption Commission against the five senior monks accusing them of corruption. The five senior monks include three Sangha Council members namely Phra Promdilok, abbot of Wat Sam Phraya; Phra Prommethi, assistant abbot of Wat Samphanthawong; and Phra Promsit, abbot of Wat Saket; Phra Methisuthikorn, assistant abbot of Wat Saket; and Phra Vichitthammaporn, assistant abbot of Wat Saket. The spokesman said that monitoring of the movement up to this point, there were no reports of unusual activities by the Buddhist fraternity or the disciples of the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Military closely monitors movement of disciples of five senior monks implicated in temple fund fraud, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Overstaying Spaniard arrested for handcuffing and raping Thai woman in Bangkok
- - Serial sex pest arrested in Nonthaburi – he blames Viagra
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Elephant goes wild! Phuket wildfire! Bounded body found? || Feb. 20
- - Interpol Red Notice sought for Greek suspect over Phuket beautician murder
- - Four injured as car smashes into electric pole
- - Big Joke: “Dark skinned foreigner” lured pre-teen boys into van for 200 baht oral sex
- - Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
- - Kim Jong-un unlikely to travel exclusively by rail to Hanoi for second Trump-Kim summit: sources
- - Thais Give Russia, US Right to Extradite Hacking Suspect
- - Uighur Australian's plea to 'save' his family in China
- Older News
- Vote! Cops crack down on criminal monks Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - The Crime Suppression Division (CSD) has added a Suphan Buri temple abbot to a list...
- Vote! Suspect in murder of two monks arrested Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - NARATHIWAT: A man suspected of involvement in the murder of two monks in Sungai Padi...