Medical cannabis crops to be tightly controlled
The Thai narcotic control board head says that only Thai citizens who join hands with the government will be allowed to cultivate medical cannabis. The board yesterday stressed that growers of the potentially lucrative crop must be cooperatives, community enterprises or social enterprises made up of citizens – and not private companies. Their business will be under the scrutiny of state agencies, must cooperate with those agencies, and must be run by Thai nationals, said the Narcotics Control Board Office secretary-general, Niyom Termsrisuk. He said the agency is also working with Kasetsart University to design a low-cost greenhouse that would enable Thai enterprises to operate their business on a small budget while preventing the crops from “leaking out”. He added that cannabis grown by farmers might also have to be in a closed area to control air and humidity, in order to stabilise the amount of medical substances in the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Medical cannabis crops to be tightly controlled, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- Older News
- Vote! Cannabis groups vow court over patents Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - Advocacy groups supporting local medical cannabis development have vowed to bring the Department of Intellectual...
- Vote! Phuket maid caught hiding 2,600 meth pills, 3kg of cannabis in client’s house The Phuket News (5 days ago) - PHUKET: An anti-narcotics team led by Border Patrol Police have arrested a maid from Chalong...
- Vote! Thai Officials Sought To Strike Down Medical Marijuana Patent Applications by Foreign Firms VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - Thai Department of Intellectual Property (DIP) officials “rushed” the inspection of a controversial foreign medical...