Maya Bay's ecosystem recovering, says dept
The ecology of the famed Maya Bay on Phi Phi Island in Krabi is making a gradual recovery with the number of corals and sightings of reef sharks off the coast on the upswing, according to Chongkhlai Wongphongsathon, deputy director-general of the Department of National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP).... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Maya Bay's ecosystem recovering, says dept, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Bangkok Post - Monday, 8 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Thousands of young coral being moved to deeper water at Maya Bay Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - PHOTO: Thai PBS Coral bleaching and the annual monsoon are the only threat to the ongoing recuperation of Maya Bay, now that tourists have been away for a year, and...
- Vote! About 23,000 young corals being relocated from Maya Bay Samui Times (4 days ago) - Park officials at the famous Maya Bay, in Thailand’s southern province of Krabi, are busily relocating about 23,000 young corals from the shallows into deeper water to prevent them from...
- Vote! Maya Bay gets makeover The Phuket News (5 days ago) - BANGKOK: It was a bold move for the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation to close Maya Bay, a world-famous beach, for two years to allow the local...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Myanmar, Thailand keen to co-host Under-20 World Cup
- - 77 year old Swede dies from heart attack on beach in Trat
- - Japan takes 15 phone-scam suspects from Thailand
- - Three injured in fresh seafood pickup accident in Krabi
- - IKEA Thailand launches full online store
- - Watch out Thailand, here comes Vietnam
- - Truck driver dodges charge for dangerous load as 33 tons of rice flip semi-trailer onto its side
- - Police load up charges against axe-weilding road-rage ambulance attackers
- - Cannon, gun base at Racha Noi declared items of national heritage
- - Taiwan to Expand Joint Rescue Operations in Disputed Sea