Maya Bay's coral 50% destroyed
Certain chemicals in sunscreen products are to blame for the death of more than half of the corals at the famed Maya Bay on Phi Phi Island in Krabi, said Songtham Suksawang, director of the National Park Office.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Maya Bay's coral 50% destroyed, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Bangkok Post - Sunday, 7 October, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Thousands of young coral being moved to deeper water at Maya Bay Phuket Gazette (Today) - PHOTO: Thai PBS Coral bleaching and the annual monsoon are the only threat to the ongoing recuperation of Maya Bay, now that tourists have been away for a year, and...
- Older News
- Vote! About 23,000 young corals being relocated from Maya Bay Samui Times (Yesterday) - Park officials at the famous Maya Bay, in Thailand’s southern province of Krabi, are busily relocating about 23,000 young corals from the shallows into deeper water to prevent them from...
- Vote! Maya Bay gets makeover The Phuket News (2 days ago) - BANGKOK: It was a bold move for the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation to close Maya Bay, a world-famous beach, for two years to allow the local...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Fake general swindling for animals skins? WCGC Thailand Final! Heavy storms coming! || May 21
- - New date for Coronation Day holiday announced
- - Mother disappears after abandoning newborn in rubber plantation
- - Minister to push for two more Mekong bridges
- - Police seize haul of weapons, drugs in post-Songkran blitz
- - Four dead as pickup truck slams into tour bus heading to Phuket
- - Drug bust in Kathu nets 2,000 meth pills
- - 150 bedrrom Patong Hotel for sale
- - Phoenix goes up for auction, starting price 900,000 baht
- - Top 10 restaurants in Phuket