Man arrested, big drug haul seized after Chiang Rai checkpoint chase
A suspected drug mule was arrested and 4.8 million methamphetamine pills and 978 kilograms of crystal meth or “ice” were seized after two pickup trucks sped through a road checkpoint in Chiang Rai early Saturday. Army rangers made the arrest after giving chase from the checkpoint in Ban Sai Kad village in Tambon Tab Tao in Chiang Rai’s Thoeng district. The rangers caught up to the two pickups in Ban Rak Paen Din in the same tambon. Laopo Saefa, 46, a hill tribe man, was arrested after his pickup plunged into the ditch. The driver of the other truck fled on foot into the dark forest after abandoning it at the forest edge. The rangers from the 31st Ranger Regiment Pha Muang Taskforce signalled the two drivers to stop as they approached their checkpoint at 2:30 am Saturday, but the vehicles sped through. The drugs were found in the back of the two pickups. The Nation The post Man arrested, big drug haul seized after Chiang Rai checkpoint chase appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Man arrested, big drug haul seized after Chiang Rai checkpoint chase, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 5 August, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - 8.4 tonnes of marijuana and 67.3 tonnes of kratom leaves have been destroyed by Nakhon Phanom provincial administration officials in a ceremony to mark the International Day Against Drug Abuse...
- Older News
- Vote! Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - Three drug suspects have been arrested with a total of 12,277 methamphetamine pills and 1.8 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine (ice) in Thalang. Thalang Police raided a house in Thalang where...
- Vote! Thai Air Asia pulling the plug on its Chiang Rai-Singapore service? Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - from ttrweekly.com The Thai AirAsia’s direct flight between Chiang Rai and Singapore is unlikely to survive. That’s the outlook of travel website ttrweekly.com Launched early 2019 with little fanfare, the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - Eric Trump Says He Was Spit on at Chicago Cocktail Lounge
- - Study: Cervical Cancer Vaccines Show Major Real-World Impact
- - Rodrigo Duterte backflips on Chinese fishing in Philippine waters, insisting exclusive rights will not be waived
- - Thai car manufacturers upbeat about sales
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Tuk-tuk baby birth! Cop barbershop? Deep south SIM card registry? || June 26
- - US Supreme Court Limits Access to Commercial Data Shared With Federal Agencies