Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad threatens to boycott EU fighter jets over palm oil
Malaysia may retaliate against a plan by the European Union to curb palm oil use, by purchasing new fighter jets from China instead of European arms companies, its leader said on Sunday.The Southeast Asian country is the world’s second-largest palm oil producer after neighbouring Indonesia, and recently threatened to challenge the bloc’s plan to phase out its use in biofuels at the World Trade Organisation (WTO).Both Malaysia and Indonesia have been at loggerheads with EU lawmakers over the…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad threatens to boycott EU fighter jets over palm oil, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Sunday, 24 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Malaysia Pits Palm Oil Against Fighter Jets in EU Trade Spat VOA NEWS (Today) - As the United States and China tussle over tit-for-tat tariffs, another trade spat between West and East is quietly playing out, one pitting Malaysian palm oil against European fighter jets.When...
- Older News
- Vote! 1MDB scandal: Malaysia’s criminal case against Goldman Sachs delayed until September after Mahathir Mohamad dismisses US$241 million compensation as ‘peanuts’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Malaysia’s criminal case against US investment bank Goldman Sachs involving US$6.5 billion 1MDB bonds will be postponed to September, a court ruled on Monday, after defence lawyers asked for more...
- Vote! Palming off the problem Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - An oversupply of fresh palm nuts has prompted authorities to boost prices by marking up the price of cooking palm oil, much to the dismay of retailers....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket