Malaysia and Indonesia threaten boycott of EU products, say millions of farmers risk losing livelihoods due to palm oil ban
Malaysia and Indonesia, who account for a combined 85 per cent of the global palm oil supply, have warned that millions of farmers risk losing their livelihoods if the European Union stops using the commodity in its biofuels.The EU’s proposed move comes following a push by the European Parliament to phase out the use of palm oil starting in 2023, ramping up to a ban in 2030, on concerns palm oil production causes deforestation and aggravates climate change.Both countries have threatened to take…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Malaysia and Indonesia threaten boycott of EU products, say millions of farmers risk losing livelihoods due to palm oil ban, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 21 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Malaysia Pits Palm Oil Against Fighter Jets in EU Trade Spat VOA NEWS (Today) - As the United States and China tussle over tit-for-tat tariffs, another trade spat between West and East is quietly playing out, one pitting Malaysian palm oil against European fighter jets.When...
- Vote! San Francisco is First US City to Ban E-Cigarettes VOA NEWS (Today) - San Francisco has become the first U.S. city to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes until their effects on human health are clearer.The city's legislature on Tuesday unanimously approved the...
- Older News
- Vote! Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday Samui Times (2 days ago) - Sanook said that D-Day for new Civil Aviation Authority bans on a whole host of foods, liquids and cosmetic products came in yesterday. All items must be under 100 milliliters...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket