Malacanang hits back at UN human rights chief
The Malacanang has hit back at the United Nations human rights commissioner for his allegedly insulting remarks against President Rodrigo Duterte, The Manila Times Online reported on Sunday. Palace spokesman Harry Roque siad that Zaeid Ra’ad al-Hussein’s remark that Duterte should undergo “psychiatric evaluation” was affront to the Philippines. “I reiterate that the language used by the high commissioner is uncalled for. I’m very tempted to respond in similar language, but I have opted to restrain myself, opting not to respond in the same ad hominem used by the UN high commissioner,” said Roque. Zaeid said on Friday that it was disgraceful that a president should use foul language against UN special rapporteur Agnes Callamard who is highly respected. By issuing such very harsh language against President Duterte, Roque said Zaeid does not only offend the Filipino people but also insult all countries that have democratically elected their heads of state.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Malacanang hits back at UN human rights chief, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Man killed by wild elephants
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- Older News
- Vote! Human Rights Watch: World's Autocrats Face Rising Resistance VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Human Rights Watch says people around the world are confronting the abuses of autocrats and...