'Made in China 2025' Feels Trade War Pinch
Although it is unclear if the United States and China will be able to meet a 90-day deadline and strike a deal on trade by March 2, the tussle is clearly adding to uncertainty about the future fate of the Chinese government’s strategic plan named “Made in China 2025.” The plan itself is much like other countries’ goals to move up the industrial value chain. According to Beijing’s plan, China aims to make the country a world leader in 10 key sectors such as robotics, information technology, and artificial intelligence by 2025. However, what has raised concerns is how China is going about reaching that goal. Foreign companies and governments have voiced growing concern about the plan and the Chinese policy and practice of forcing companies to hand over technology in exchange for access to the country’s massive economy. At the same time, analysts believe Beijing has done little to... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, 'Made in China 2025' Feels Trade War Pinch, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- - Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
- Older News
- Vote! Here's a blueprint for investors trading the different China-US trade war outcomes CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - Citi published Tuesday a China trade deal strategy that detailed how its clients can best...