Luxury Bangkok condo is like Beijing – Chinese treating it as a hotel
Yet more evidence is coming to light of people illegally renting rooms on a daily basis to tourists. And this one is damning of the Chinese – both owners and visitors. Thai Rath reported that an owners’ group on Facebook from “Condo C Ekkamai” (Sukhumvit Soi 63) had reached the end of their tether. Chinese owners of rooms in the luxury condo were renting to hoards of their compatriots. Rentals were daily – illegal under Thai law. At Songkran the condo resembled Beijing, they said. The owners had set up check-in and check-out facilities and baggage storage. There was a team of maids on hand to do the cleaning in between guests. The ongoing problem had been the subject of many complaints to the juristic person who said they were powerless to stop it. The issue is becoming more and more prevalent in Thailand. Only rentals of 30 days plus are allowed to outsiders at condos. Daily rent is against the law. Thai Visa / Thai Rath The post Luxury Bangkok condo is like Beijing – Chinese treating it as a hotel appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Luxury Bangkok condo is like Beijing – Chinese treating it as a hotel, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 20 May
- Older News
- Vote! Phuket's new condo supply nears seven-year peak Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - New condo supply launched in Phuket this year will be the highest since 2012 with more than 6,200 units, driven by the booming tourism industry and investment from the public...
- Vote! Chinese move their purchase power away from Bangkok condo market Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - Chinese condo buyers are veering their purchase power away from the Bangkok property market citing the strong Thai currency, overpricing and a supply glut. 2015 – 5.8 Yuan to the...
- Vote! Chinese veer from condos Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - Buyers from mainland China are slowing their condo purchases in Bangkok because of the strong baht, overpriced units and a supply glut....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, says state media says
- - Cricket: Morgan's record-breaking six-fest helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Cricket: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - Cricket: Record-breaking six-fest from Morgan helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Factbox: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - New Focus on Innovation at Asia's Leading Event for the Tank Storage Industry
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, state media says
- - Xi Jinping’s state visit to North Korea aims for ‘new impetus’ in ties
- - Mains water supply outage in Kamala
- - Motorbike driver crushed by cement truck in Thalang, Phuket