Less growth – but more engagement. Social media in Thailand.
PHOTOS: Facebook/Kla Tangsuwan Wisesight, a BKK-based social media analytics company, says social media is reaching saturation point in Thailand but that engagement is increasing. The company is forecasting that Facebook will keep on increasing, 4% in 2018, to a total of 51 million users in Thailand. Wisesight says the application of artificial intelligence will continue to root out fake accounts. Meantime they note that Twitter users increased 34% in the past year but say only 7 million are active users. The foodie and selfie star, Instagram has dropped in popularity over the past year although only 1.5% – Wisesight claims that Facebook Live has dragged some of the Instagram users back to the ‘mothership’ for online merchandising. Kla Tangsuwan, the Wisesight CEO, says the growth in social media has plateaued in recent years but the use has become more sophisticated. He says that Thais have “very high engagement’ rates in social media, especially when it comes to celebrities, social gossip and entertainment. “There are 10,000 messages sent per minute online,” he said in the Bangkok Post. Kla claims that brands will move to more in-video advertising on major platforms as the growth in online advertising continues to boom in Thailand. He also said that streaming’s technology will continue to change the media landscape as people use the technology to reach their audiences and sell their products. Wisesight is organising the 7th Thailand Zocial Awards for February 2019 which will be held at Siam Square One, Bangkok, under the theme “PLAY: Rolling your data”. The post Less growth – but more engagement. Social media in Thailand. appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Less growth – but more engagement. Social media in Thailand., simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Thursday, 15 November, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Thai growth slips to 4-year low in Q1 Thailand Business News (Today) - The National Economic and Social Development Council (NESDC) reported that GDP rose 2.8% year-on-year in the first quarter. The first quarter outcome is down from a revised 3.6% in the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thai Wah Public Company Limited Acquired 33.3% Shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited from Japan Corn Starch, Tokyo Japan
- - NIPPON Platform Has Established the Ninth Overseas Branch "NIPPON Platform OÜ" in Estonia
- - 23 bedroom Patong Guest House for lease
- - Slow loris tout arrested at Karon
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters
- - Energy Ministry girds for disrupted oil supply
- - UPDATE: Ancient cannon found off Koh Racha aged from Rattanakosin period
- - How Japan manages US trade pressure