Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
A team of Japanese researchers will carry out an unprecedented trial using a kind of stem cell to try to treat debilitating spinal cord injuries, the specialists said on Monday.The team at Tokyo’s Keio University has received government approval for a trial using so-called induced Pluripotent Stem (iPS) cells – which have the potential to develop into any cell in the body – to treat patients with serious spinal cord injuries.The trial, expected to begin later this year, will initially focus on…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Monday, 18 February
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket
- - Patong Police to create LINE group with rental shops to monitor tourist bike riders
- - Phuket goes to the polls for national election
- - Revving up for Phuket Bike Week 2019
- - Phuket Opinion: A vote for everything, or a vote for nothing?