Korean Families Reunite at Long Last at N. Korean Resort
About 90 elderly South Koreans are reunited with the North Korean relatives they have been separated from for more than six decades since the war that split the peninsula in two. The relatives shared tearful embraces Monday in North Korea's Mount Kumgang tourist resort, hours after a convoy of buses crossed the border into the North. Over three days, the participants will have six face-to-face meetings with their North Korean relatives -- under the watchful eyes of North Korean agents. There have been just 20 reunions since 2000, the last one took place in October 2015. Millions of Korean families were divided by the 1950-53 Korean War. After more than 50 years of separation, many of those waiting to be reunited with their loved ones have died. Most of those surviving are over 80 years of age. Among those most desperate to reconnect with family are Korean-Americans who have never... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Korean Families Reunite at Long Last at N. Korean Resort, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Analysis: China Pulling out All Stops in Canada Tensions
- - Thai woman arrested for killing German husband in 10 million baht insurance scam
- - Man arrested after killing five family members in Uttaradit
- - Phuket lifeguard, 19, dies in motorbike crash
- - Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais
- - Exclusive: Sri Lanka says has $300 million loan offer from Bank of China, may increase to $1 billion
- - Top court orders compensation for Myanmar workers
- - Belarus Model Arrested for Thai Sex Seminar Pleads Guilty
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Power cables explode! Politico, wife killed at home! Cops to track themselves? || Jan. 15
- - 'Made in China 2025' Feels Trade War Pinch
- Older News
- Vote! North Korean official heads for talks in Sweden: report Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SEOUL: A top North Korean diplomat was travelling to Sweden Tuesday, she told reporters, as...
- Vote! In China, Kim Jong Un Tries to Expand His Leverage VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has headed home after visiting China this week. Neither...