Kim Jong Un Leaves Beijing after Brief Visit
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is headed back home after a two-day visit to China and talks with President Xi Jinping. Kim's special train departed Beijing Wednesday afternoon and headed towards the northeast border, where it will enter North Korea early Thursday morning. The visit was Kim Jong Un's fourth to North Korea's primary diplomatic and economic ally since last year, and raises speculation that Kim was coordinating with China ahead of a possible second summit with U.S. President Donald Trump. South Korea's Yonhap news agency says Kim spent his final day in Beijing visiting a pharmaceutical factory in an economic zone outside of Beijing, then had lunch with President Xi before departing. Kim and Xi held talks Tuesday -- believed to be Kim's birthday -- shortly after the North Korean leader arrived in Beijing. He later attended a dinner with Xi and his wife at the Great Hall of the People. Kim was accompanied by his wife Ri Sol Ju. Neither side has provided details on the talks, nor of Kim's schedule during his visit. Kim and President Trump signed a vague agreement during their historic summit in Singapore last June that calls on Pyongyang to abandon its nuclear program. But further negotiations have stalled over the North’s demand for front-loaded sanctions relief tied to small progress, and its opposition to the Trump administration’s call for complete denuclearization prior to granting any concessions. During his annual New Year’s Day address last week, Kim said it was his “firm will” that North Korea will no longer produce or test nuclear weapons. He also said he would be willing to hold another face-to-face meeting with Trump, but warned his country may have to take another path unless Washington takes "corresponding measures." North Korea is also demanding that the United States... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Kim Jong Un Leaves Beijing after Brief Visit, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Wednesday, 9 January
- Older News
- Vote! North Korean dissident smashes portraits of Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il in viral video SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - A shadowy dissident group dedicated to overthrowing the North Korean regime has released footage purporting to show a person inside the totalitarian state destroying portraits of national founder Kim Il-sung...
- Vote! North Korean dissident from Cheollima Civil Defense smashes portraits of Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il in viral video SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - A shadowy dissident group dedicated to overthrowing the North Korean regime has released footage purporting to show a person inside the totalitarian state destroying portraits of national founder Kim Il-sung...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 5 Killed in Shooting in China's Inner Mongolia
- - New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to meet Xi Jinping in Beijing amid tensions over Huawei
- - The most questionable election in Thai history?
- - Children Baby & Maternity Exhibition 2019 to Soar Entrepreneurs Improving Quality for Business Growth
- - Hanoi Kicks Off Construction Of Formula One Race Track
- - Thaksin: Election 'rigged' as allies challenge army
- - Who won Thailand’s election? Stand-off as military-backed Palang Pracharat and Shinawatra proxy Pheu Thai both claim victory
- - Outgoing Philippine labour official Jalilo Dela Torre urges domestic workers in Hong Kong to go for more health checks
- - Rodrigo Duterte photographed with suspected Chinese ‘drug lords’, says former narcotics official
- - 'More bumps in the road' before US-China trade deal, former Treasury Secretary Jack Lew warns