Khao Sarn vendors defy enforcement of hawking ban
Vendors on Khao Sarn road, an area renowned for street foods and popular with western backpackers, have openly defied the City Hall’s vending ban on the sidewalks. Officials of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration said they wanted to impose order in the area which for years has been occupied by vendors who ply their trade on both side of the roads. They launched a major clean-up of the street today but met strong resistance from many vendors and plan to limit their trading hours to 6pm-midnight. City workers during a big clean-up of Khao Sarn Road on Wednesday. Many vendors joined the cleanup but only to re-erect their stalls afterward and demanded the city administration to put off the vending ban on the pavements which went into force today. Earlier, on Tuesday about 100 vendors converged in front of the City Hall to protest the vending ban. They also submitted a... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Khao Sarn vendors defy enforcement of hawking ban, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence