Japan looking to escalate South Korean wartime labour dispute to UN court
Japan is preparing to escalate a dispute with South Korea over compensation for wartime labour to the International Court of Justice if Seoul does not agree to arbitration on the matter, observers say.On Monday, Tokyo formally requested that an arbitration panel be set up, including a member from a third country, citing the terms of a 1965 treaty to normalise relations between the pair after the end of the second world war.South Korea’s foreign ministry confirmed that it received Japan’s…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Japan looking to escalate South Korean wartime labour dispute to UN court, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 22 May
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! South Korea’s Moon tones down Japan criticism on anniversary of World War II surrender SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - South Korean President Moon Jae-in offered to engage in talks to repair strained ties with Japan on Thursday and urged it to contemplate its past, as Tokyo promised it would...
- Vote! South Korean President Moon Jae-in urges Japan to ‘contemplate’ its wartime past on anniversary of surrender SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - On the anniversary of Japan’s World War Two surrender, South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in on Thursday urged Japan to contemplate its wartime past and offered to engage in talks to...
- Vote! Japan's new emperor speaks of 'deep remorse' in 1st speech marking WWII Bangkok Post (Today) - TOKYO: Japan's new emperor spoke Thursday of "deep remorse" over the country's wartime past, in his first speech to commemorate the end of World War II since his enthronement in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 5 bedroom Private pool Villa for sale Kathu
- - Singapore launches e-arrival cards for foreign visitors
- - Christchurch mosque gunman Brenton Tarrant's ‘hateful’ letter from jail ends up on 4chan
- - Emperor Naruhito expresses ‘deep remorse’ on anniversary on Japan’s World War Two surrender
- - Asia stocks mostly sell off as bond markets signal recession warning
- - North Korea Fires More Weapons; Criticizes South Korea
- - Arlo Guthrie Sings as Woodstock Fans Flock to Concert Site
- - North Korea fires two ‘unidentified projectiles’ into the sea – its sixth launch in a month
- - Luckin counts cost of Starbucks battle
- - Appeals Court: US Must Provide Soap, Toothpaste to Detained Children