Japan looking to escalate South Korean wartime labour dispute to UN court
Japan is preparing to escalate a dispute with South Korea over compensation for wartime labour to the International Court of Justice if Seoul does not agree to arbitration on the matter, observers say.On Monday, Tokyo formally requested that an arbitration panel be set up, including a member from a third country, citing the terms of a 1965 treaty to normalise relations between the pair after the end of the second world war.South Korea’s foreign ministry confirmed that it received Japan’s…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Japan looking to escalate South Korean wartime labour dispute to UN court, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 22 May
- Older News
- Vote! Korean Air ‘nut rage’ heiress and her mother avoid jail for smuggling luxury goods SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - A South Korean court issued suspended sentences to late Korean Air Chairman Cho Yang-ho’s widow and also his daughter for using the airline to smuggle luxury goods into the country.The...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Shan State drug blitz nets big haul
- - Govt ready to host Asean summit
- - Pakistan says to get $3.4 billion in budgetary aid from ADB
- - Taiwan Beauty Pop-Up Store Thrills Malaysia
- - Japan’s anime industry in crisis even as global popularity soars
- - Two killed in motorcycle taxi brawl
- - 16 bedroom Patong bay Guest House for lease
- - any bedroom Private Cozy Villa up for grabs Kathu
- - What will Narendra Modi do in his new term as India’s prime minister?
- - HK extradition bill on hold but protests continue