Japan, India Leaders Build Ties Amid Trade, Security Worries
The leaders of Japan and India are reaffirming their ties amid growing worries about trade and regional stability. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who arrived Saturday, was meeting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at a resort area near Mount Fuji on Sunday. Modi is also visiting a nearby plant of major Japanese robot maker Fanuc. Relations with China are a major issue shared by Modi and Abe, as their cooperation may balance China's growing regional influence and military assertiveness. "The India-Japan partnership has been fundamentally transformed and it has been strengthened as a 'special strategic and global partnership,'" Modi told Kyodo News service. "There are no negatives but only opportunities in this relationship which are waiting to be seized." Modi chose Japan among the first nations to visit after taking power four years ago. He has been urging countries in the Indo-Pacific region to unite against protectionism... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Japan, India Leaders Build Ties Amid Trade, Security Worries, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thai General Elections Set for March
- - Pakistan unveils tax cuts, incentives to boost growth
- - Malaysian royals to pick new king after historic abdication
- - Horse named 'Australian of the year'
- - Real Madrid take top spot from Man Utd in 'money league'
- - Call for Patong Hill caution as tour bus involved in multiple-vehicle wipeout
- - More gun-toting drug suspects arrested
- - German man dies after seven-storey fall in Patong
- - Thailand to hold elections on 24 March
- - Army: ‘No knowledge’ of dead activists stuffed with concrete
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Tokyo to discuss Sea of Japan’s name with Seoul. Just don’t call it the East Sea SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Japan has agreed to talks with South Korea over the name of the body of...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Japan's PM Seeks Trade Reform as Risks to World Economy Loom VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Japan's prime minister says China's slowing growth, Brexit woes and U.S.-China trade disputes pose risks...