'It's a shocking idea': outcry over Bangkok street vendor ban
Tourists and stallholders say city’s attempt to sanitise the bustling, chaotic Khaosan Road is stripping the area of its charmFew streets evoke the chaos of Bangkok like the Khaosan Road, a place of pilgrimage for tanned, dreadlocked, tassle-adorned backpackers for decades.Yet this week, in an attempt to impose some order on the capital’s famed tourist road, the Thai authorities ordered all street vendors selling food, clothes and trinkets to clear off the pavements during the day.Nobody wants to buy a dreamcatcher in the night-time, so this plan is no good for meChaos is what makes Bangkok Bangkok, it’s messy and mad – they shouldn’t try to clean that away Continue reading...... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, 'It's a shocking idea': outcry over Bangkok street vendor ban, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: The Guardian - Saturday, 4 August, 2018
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China to Raise Tariffs on Another $75 Billion in US Goods
- - Art of Ice Cream
- - When India’s government abuses power, the media cheer
- - Australians and New Zealanders may soon be able to use Automatic Gates at Suvarnabhumi
- - Passengers on Thai transport to be asked: “Is your driver behaving himself?
- - Thai “model” arrested by Los Angeles police after jumping bail for identity theft
- - “May you be damned!” – Locals ignore sign urging them to stop throwing litter
- - 600 monkeys in Hua Hin to be sterilized to control population
- - Is Chinese support for Pacific nations shaping their stance on Indonesia’s West Papua?
- - North Korea Tests More Missiles, Violating Pledge to Trump