Italy Breaks up Chinese Crime Ring Involved in Drugs, Prostitution
Italy ordered the arrest of 33 people on Thursday on suspicion of running a Chinese mafia group involved in gambling, prostitution, and drugs and which dominated the transport of Chinese goods across Europe. The group's base was in Prato, near Florence, a hub for the textile industry where many factories are owned and run by Chinese, police said in a statement. But the network had members in other parts of Italy and across Europe, with arrests sought in Rome, Milan, Padua, Paris, Madrid and Neuss, Germany, the statement said. Police did not say how many had been arrested so far. They are accused of being members of a mafia organization and other crimes. The suspected boss, Zhang Nai Zhong, was based in Rome. He used profit from illegal activities to build a massive transport company that dominated the trucking of goods for thousands of Chinese companies, police said. Zhong had... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Italy Breaks up Chinese Crime Ring Involved in Drugs, Prostitution, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Apirat urged to remain neutral
- - Khao Yai blazes brave new trail
- - Report: US Wants Pledge for Stable Chinese Yuan as Talks Resume
- - Fashion mastermind Lagerfeld dies
- - Memorial Speaks to North Korea's Ties to Summit Host Vietnam
- - Factbox: Pakistan, India troop strength and weapons
- - If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service?
- - Weather for February 20
- - Trump: 'No Rush' to See North Korea Denuclearize
- - Trump Says No 'Magical Date' for Imposing More Tariffs on China
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Chinese 'Ivory Queen' Yang Fenglan jailed in Tanzania BBC News Asia (Yesterday) - The Chinese businesswoman was sentenced to 15 years in prison for operating an ivory-smuggling ring....
- Vote! ‘A monster’: Man in Singapore gets 25-year jail term for forcing wife into prostitution, and sexually abusing daughter and niece SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - A Singaporean man described as a “monster” by prosecutors was sentenced to 25-and-a-half years in...