Israel says It Attacked Iranian Targets in Syria
Israel says it had attacked Iranian targets in Syria to foil an imminent attack by what it called Iranian "killer drones" on Israel.Despite Iranian denials of the attack, the incident has sparked new tensions between Israel and Iran. Israel ordered deployment of its Iron Dome missile to its border with Syria.It is rare that Israel takes responsibility for air strikes on Iranian targets in Syria, although Israel is believed to have carried out hundreds of these attacks over the past few years. But this time Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took credit in a tweet that praised the army's major operational effort and said that Iran had planned to send killer drones with explosives into Israel. He warned Iran that it had "no immunity anywhere."The Israeli army said that four Iranian operatives had recently arrived in Syria to pilot so called Kamikaze drones, each armed with explosives.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that five people were killed including two fighters from the pro-Iranian Lebanese Hezbollah organization. However, the Reuters news agency quoted a senior Iranian official Mohsen Rezai, that Israel does not have the capability to do this type of attack.Israeli cabinet minister Tzachi Hangebi said Israel acted on its intelligence to thwart an imminent attack.He said that Israel had been watching a specific site in Iran closely and knew that the attack was planned to set out from there.Former Israeli national security advisor Yakov Amidror said that Israel is concerned about Iran's growing strength in Syria."Israel is now in the middle of a long war to stop the Iranians from building their war machine in Syria. They had one in Lebanon controlled by Hebollah and they want to build an independent one controlled by Syria," he said.Israel has moved anti-missile batteries called the Iron Dome system to its northern... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Israel says It Attacked Iranian Targets in Syria, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Sunday, 25 August
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Iran Suspended From World Judo Over Israel Boycott Policy VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Iran has been suspended from international judo competitions because it boycotts bouts with Israeli athletes.Less than a month after world champion Saeid Mollaei walked off the Iranian team in protest...
- Older News
- Vote! Erdogan hosts Putin, Rouhani for Syria summit Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - ANKARA: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will host his Russian and Iranian counterparts on Monday for their latest summit on Syria, with attention focused on Damascus's push on the last...
- Vote! Israel Denies Report it Planted Spy Devices Near White House VOA NEWS (7 days ago) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is denying a report that Israel set up spying devices near the White House, saying it is a "complete fabrication."The spokesman for the Israeli embassy...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Wichit Municipality opens flood-relief donations center
- - Concerns raised again over Phuket wild monkey populations
- - Ex-Japanese Energy Company Executives Acquitted in Fukushima Disaster
- - Water outage to hit Kathu, Koh Kaew
- - PM Prayut donates 100,000 baht to help flood victims
- - Bermuda Battens Down for Category 3 Hurricane Humberto
- - Polarized Politics Deepens Divide Over Who Is a 'Real' American
- - France’s Macron Toughens Immigration Stance Amid Fears of More Asylum Seekers
- - LA 'Tent Cities' Becoming Shantytowns, Expert Says
- - Trump 'Substantially' Increases Iran Sanctions, Blaming Tehran for Saudi Oil Field Attacks