Is Chinese support for Pacific nations shaping their stance on Indonesia’s West Papua?
Indonesia’s restive province of West Papua was gripped by violence this week as protesters clashed with police, leading Jakarta to cut internet access and send almost 1,000 additional officers to quell the unrest.The latest demonstrations were against racist abuse suffered by West Papuan students, but a separatist movement in the region has also been simmering since 1969.In recent years, Jakarta’s Pacific Island neighbours have become bolder in their disapproval of the government’s handling of…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Is Chinese support for Pacific nations shaping their stance on Indonesia’s West Papua?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 23 August
- Older News
- Vote! Taiwan loses biggest Pacific ally as Solomons embraces China Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - WELLINGTON, New Zealand: Taiwan has lost its largest ally in the Pacific after the Solomon Islands on Tuesday confirmed it is switching diplomatic allegiance to China, and observers say other...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Wichit Municipality opens flood-relief donations center
- - Concerns raised again over Phuket wild monkey populations
- - Ex-Japanese Energy Company Executives Acquitted in Fukushima Disaster
- - Water outage to hit Kathu, Koh Kaew
- - PM Prayut donates 100,000 baht to help flood victims
- - Bermuda Battens Down for Category 3 Hurricane Humberto
- - Polarized Politics Deepens Divide Over Who Is a 'Real' American
- - France’s Macron Toughens Immigration Stance Amid Fears of More Asylum Seekers
- - LA 'Tent Cities' Becoming Shantytowns, Expert Says
- - Trump 'Substantially' Increases Iran Sanctions, Blaming Tehran for Saudi Oil Field Attacks