Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
A concerned member of the public contacted Sanook after seeing suspicious behavior in the Khao Lak area of Phangnga in Thailand’s south. A man dressed as a monk in sunglasses was in the back of a blue pick-up with a roof. Next to him was a golden Buddhist image and what looked like a donation box. As tourists passed he would sprinkle them with “nammon” (holy water) and when they showed interest he would tie some “sai sin” (holy string) around their wrists and do a few incantations. As soon as some money was safely deposited in his donation box he was off to find the next tourists. The good Samaritan said that a report to the authorities had seen no action. And no one at the Phangnga ecclesiastical office was picking up the phone. Sanook The post Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water! appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 17 February
- Older News
- Vote! Hunt for drunk monk behind wheel Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - CHAIYAPHUM: Local officials were hunting for a monk who was stopped for driving while intoxicated, and later sped away from a temple to avoid being defrocked....
- Vote! Na Jomtien beach polluted with putrid wastewater – tourists urged to stay away Samui Times (6 days ago) - Tourists have been warned to avoid Na Jomtien beach in Chonburi after wastewater contaminated the sea turning it black. The warning comes after footage shared to social media on Saturday...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Bomb in Afghan mosque kills senior cleric during Friday prayers
- - Doctors could be dishing out weed by end of June
- - HK leader decries German asylum for 'bail jumpers'
- - Thailand’s King Vajiralongkorn urges post-election parliament to focus on national stability
- - Three Indians die on overcrowded Everest
- - Trump Heads to Japan for State Visit
- - Indian election results: What next for Rahul Gandhi and Congress after their flop at the polls?
- - Chartthaipattana ties knot with Palang Pracharath
- - Sri Lanka in talks with India, Japan to build container terminal in Colombo
- - Pot prescriptions possible by end of June