Innovation, Regional Cooperation to Take the Spotlight in Mekong Forum 2018
Jul 20, 2018 Picture: Innovation and regional cooperation are the central themes in this year’s Mekong Forum, an annual gathering of opinion leaders from the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) organized by Mekong Institute (MI), an intergovernmental organization working in human resource development based in Khon Kaen, Thailand. The Forum, which is set for August 3, 2018 at Avani Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, Khon Kaen, Thailand, expounds on the theme: Turnarounds and Takeoffs: Speeding Up Competitiveness and Connectivity in the GMS. “In this year’s forum, we will strive to answer how innovation can be harnessed, what kind of strategic policy and incentives we can use to promote innovation, and how development cooperation can improve the connectivity of the people in the region,” explains MI’s Executive Director Dr. Watcharas Leelawath. This year’s Mekong Forum is the sixth since MI began hosting the one-day event in 2011. “The Mekong Forum is a milestone event both for MI and the development actors in the GMS. It is an occasion for networking, linkaging, and sharing of ideas and solutions that can help realize the development goals and aspirations of the region,” Dr. Leelawath further added. Mekong Forum 2018 will feature discussion sessions that will focus on the three central ideas of this year’s theme: challenges in the growth momentum of the GMS; initiatives and mechanisms to scale-up competitiveness through innovation; and harnessing development cooperation strategies to promote strengthened regional connectivity. Dr. Narongchai Akrasanee, former Minister of Energy and Minister of Commerce of Thailand, is this year’s keynote speaker, while Mr. Kensuke Tanaka, head of the Asia Desk of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), is delivering a special address. Joining them as session speakers are experts from the government, academe, business and civil society and development cooperation agencies, working in... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Innovation, Regional Cooperation to Take the Spotlight in Mekong Forum 2018, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Friday, 20 July, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! China to aid Mekong's development Bangkok Post (7 days ago) - China has pledged to work closely with Thailand under the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation (LMC) framework to help promote the development of the Mekong Basin region....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - UN seeks to move thousands of Rohingya to island
- - The military-sponsored General Election of Thailand
- - Rights of ‘ordinary people’ in focus as 1 bln vote in Asia
- - Will Asian economies dominate the world in 2050?
- - Pakistan calls for peace with India as it shows off military might at Republic Day parade
- - Parties gear up campaigns on last day
- - EC warns against ballot selfies and betting
- - “A clean and fair election”, EC assures international delegates
- - “Support good people to rule this country,” says King of Thailand on eve of election.
- - Trump sends top officials to Beijing to continue China trade talks