Indonesia says it will not extend voting period for Hong Kong-based citizens after complaints from people of being unable to vote on Sunday
Indonesian officials will not extend the voting period for Hong Kong-based citizens who have not yet voted in the country’s general election.The country goes to the polls for presidential and legislative elections on Wednesday, but overseas workers in Hong Kong were given the chance to have their say on Sunday at three polling stations.But the process was marred by controversy, with some voters saying they had been unable to cast their ballots because queues were so long. Others complained…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Indonesia says it will not extend voting period for Hong Kong-based citizens after complaints from people of being unable to vote on Sunday, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Tuesday, 16 April
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong Protests Continue, Enter Third Month VOA NEWS (Today) - Hong Kong is experiencing another Saturday of protests, as the rallies enter their third month. Police clashed with demonstrators and used tear gas to disperse the crowd outside a police...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Violence returns as protesters taunt HK police Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: Riot police fired tear gas at protesters and detained some people as the 12th weekend of demonstrations in Hong Kong turned violent again on Saturday....
- Vote! Macau pro-democracy website suspends vote on universal suffrage after suspected cyberattacks from mainland China SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - A citizen-run voting platform in Macau asking residents to vote on whether the city’s chief executive should be elected by universal suffrage was a target of severe cyberattacks in the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - North Korea Tests More Missiles, Violating Pledge to Trump
- - Blasts Injure 120 Civilians This Week in Eastern Afghanistan
- - North Korea launches fresh salvo of missiles into sea off Japan
- - Hong Kong Gears Up for More Protests
- - Big drug seizures across the country continue
- - UK consulate staffer returns to Hong Kong
- - Is Chinese support for Pacific nations shaping their stance on Indonesia’s West Papua?
- - 51 Homes, 3 Businesses Lost in Alaska Wildfire
- - Hiring tool for gig economy
- - Second Smart China Expo to kick off in Chongqing