Indonesia joins Malaysia in banning ‘palm oil free’ products from stores to protect industry
Indonesia, the world’s top palm oil producer and consumer, is joining Malaysia in removing anti-palm oil products from grocery store shelves. Local and imported food items labelled “palm oil free” or “no palm oil” that are found at some high-end stores, will be removed, Penny K. Lukito, head of the National Agency of Drug and Food Control, said on Wednesday. Indonesia and Malaysia, which together make up about 85 per cent of global palm oil supply, are upping their fight against what they say…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Indonesia joins Malaysia in banning ‘palm oil free’ products from stores to protect industry, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 22 August
- Older News
- Vote! Indonesian Police Arrest 185 Over Forest Fires VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Indonesian authorities have arrested 185 people suspected of starting forest fires that are spreading a thick, noxious haze around Southeast Asia, police said Monday.Nearly every year, Indonesian forest fires spread...
- Vote! Singapore haze reaches worst level in three years as Indonesian forest fires rage SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Singapore’s air quality deteriorated to “unhealthy” levels on Saturday for the first time in three years, data from the National Environment Agency (NEA) showed, threatening to deepen a regional dispute...
- Vote! The haze is back. Can Malaysia and Indonesia clear the air? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Across Malaysia, skies are grey and the air smells strongly of woodsmoke – a sign that the country’s annual haze problem has returned with a vengeance.The government has pointed the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Electricity outage to affect Mai Khao
- - Nigerian Boxing Mixes 'Bloodsport' with Mixed Martial Arts while Generating Income for Fighters
- - DMCR Phuket searching for dive boat for damaging corals
- - Rajabhat blood drive gives stocks a 659k cc shot in the arm
- - Explosion Kills 24 People at Election Rally in Northern Afghanistan
- - Blast kills 24 near election rally for Afghan president: health official
- - Blast outside rally in central Afghanistan kills at least 24
- - The Future of Colombia's Peace Accord in Doubt
- - Patong, Cherng Talay open donation centres to help flood victims
- - PM Prayut donates for flood victims, govt party postponed