Indonesia election: why Prabowo Subianto is maintaining victory despite a likely win for Jokowi
As hundreds of supporters amassed outside his home on Friday, presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto railed against the “lying pollsters” whose quick counts showed incumbent leader Joko Widodo, better known as Jokowi, would win a second term.His team’s count, Prabowo continued, based on a sample of votes from 320,000 – more than one-third – of polling stations nationwide showed that he and his running mate Sandiaga Uno had won 62 per cent of the popular vote. It was his third declaration of…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Indonesia election: why Prabowo Subianto is maintaining victory despite a likely win for Jokowi, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 19 April
- Older News
- Vote! Jokowi eyes highest Indonesia growth since 2013 Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - JAKARTA: Indonesia’s economy is set to expand at the fastest pace in seven years as President Joko Widodo bets on higher government spending and a pickup in investment to counter...
- Vote! Jokowi proposes moving Indonesia’s capital from Jakarta to Borneo island SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - IndonesianPresidentJokoWidodoonFridayformallyproposedaplantomovethecountry’scapitalfromJakarta,onthecrowdedislandofJava,toKalimantanontheislandofBorneo.Widodo,popularlyknownasJokowi,madetheproposalduringhisstate-of-the-nationspeechatparliament,adaybeforethecountrycelebratesits74thindependenceanniversary.“IherebyrequestyourpermissiontomoveournationalcapitaltoKalimantan,”saidWidodo,whowillbesworninforasecondterminOctoberafterwinningApril’selection…...
- Vote! Indonesia still wants Chinese investments, but Jokowi is also wooing Middle East money SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Indonesia made great strides in reforming its economy during the first term in office of President Joko Widodo, popularly known as Jokowi.The country’s ranking in the World Bank’s ease of...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Suicide Bomb Rips Through Wedding Party in Kabul
- - UN Bans Sending Baby Elephants from Wild to Zoos and Circuses
- - Australia’s free speech failure
- - VinFast: will Vietnam’s new locally made car take off?
- - Asia stocks rise as Treasury yields bounce higher
- - Paul prepares to take out Starbucks via coffee lovers
- - US Talks Secretly to Venezuela Socialist Boss
- - Asia stocks set to trade mixed as Treasury yields bounce higher
- - Finance Ministry plans rejig of fuel excise tax
- - The 'steel lady' of the forest