Indonesia election: Jokowi and Prabowo both claim upper hand as polls close
Voting in Indonesia’s general elections ended on Wednesday afternoon, with incumbent president Joko Widodo and his challenger Prabowo Subianto both claiming they were optimistic about the outcome.Widodo, popularly known as Jokowi, was expected to go to the home of former president Megawati Sukarnoputri, his political patron and chairwoman of the party backing him to await quick count results expected from 3pm local time.Prabowo, his running mate Sandiaga Uno and their campaign staff hunkered…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Indonesia election: Jokowi and Prabowo both claim upper hand as polls close, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 17 April
- Older News
- Vote! Prabowo Subianto launches legal challenge against Indonesian election results, complaining vote was rigged SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Lawyers for defeated Indonesian presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto submitted a lawsuit to the Constitutional Court late on Friday challenging the results of the April 17 election after complaining that the...
- Vote! Indian election results: What next for Rahul Gandhi and Congress after their flop at the polls? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - After the Indian National Congress unseated the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in three state government polls last year, hopes were high the opposition party would secure the impossible in this...
- Vote! Indonesia’s election riots are under control – and one man is taking credit SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Indonesia’s security forces have won praise for the restraint shown in dealing with Tuesday’s post-election riot, and one man in particular is receiving credit – Tito Karnavian.The country’s police chief...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - More than 600 people, mostly children, test positive for HIV in Pakistan city
- - Pakistan PM Khan speaks with Modi to congratulate him on election victory
- - Strong earthquake strikes northern Peru
- - Prem's birthplace in Songkhla draws mourners
- - Three killed, at least five wounded after three explosions go off in Kathmandu
- - Donald Trump seems to undermine John Bolton on North Korean missile launches with rogue tweet
- - Thousands March in Hong Kong to Mark June 4 Protests
- - Four killed, seven injured in three explosions in Nepali capital - police
- - China International Big Data Industry Expo 2019 Opens
- - Over 600 people test HIV positive in Pakistan city