Indian politicians of Prime Minister Modi’s ruling BJP banned for ‘repugnant’ firebrand election comments
India’s election watchdog on Monday banned four outspoken politicians, including two top members of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s party, from campaigning in the country’s national vote for making provocative speeches.The measures came after the Supreme Court called on the election commission to get tough on hate speech during the world’s biggest election, which started last Thursday and runs to May 19.Indian politicians are often accused of using hate or intimidation to win support of the…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Indian politicians of Prime Minister Modi’s ruling BJP banned for ‘repugnant’ firebrand election comments, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Monday, 15 April
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Indian authorities defend blocking opposition politicians from visiting Kashmir SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Authorities on Sunday defended blocking opposition Indian politicians from visiting Muslim-majority Kashmir, saying it was to “avoid controversy” weeks after stripping the restive region of its autonomy and imposing a...
- Older News
- Vote! India’s Former Finance Minister Dies at 66 VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - India’s former finance minister, Arun Jaitley, died Saturday in a New Delhi hospital months after he stepped away from the job due to deteriorating health. A close associate of Prime...
- Vote! India’s Narendra Modi bestowed with UAE’s top civilian honour amid Kashmir crackdown SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday received the United Arab Emirates’ highest civilian honour, reinforcing ties between the nations, even as he pursues stripping statehood from the disputed Muslim-majority...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Impact of Political Satire Is No Joke
- - Computing and ICT students go from strength to strength at BISP
- - 1 policeman dies, 2 hurt in crash chasing suspect
- - Powerful, Obscure Law Is Basis for Trump 'Order' On Trade
- - Brazilian Troops Begin Deploying to Fight Amazon Fires
- - Majority support general debate over Prayut's oath-taking: Poll
- - Trump at Odds with G-7 Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Iran's Envoy Makes Surprise Visit at Site of G-7 Summit
- - Former Illinois Congressman Challenges Trump for Republican Presidential Nomination
- - Placido Domingo to Perform for First Time Since Accusations