India suspends Kashmir border trade with Pakistan, claiming route is being used to smuggle weapons and drugs
India has suspended trade across its disputed Kashmir border with Pakistan, alleging that weapons and drugs are being smuggled across the route, as tensions simmer between the nuclear-armed neighbours.Kashmir has been on edge since a February suicide attack that killed 40 Indian paramilitaries and brought the two countries to the brink of war with cross-border air strikes.On Thursday, India’s government, which is in the middle of a tough national election, said it had reports that trade on the…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, India suspends Kashmir border trade with Pakistan, claiming route is being used to smuggle weapons and drugs, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 19 April
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! In its struggle to subdue Kashmir, India is stripping it of liberties PHuket Hotel Deals News (Yesterday) - Phuket Travel Tips And Advise - Phuket Travel, Real Estate & Property AgentAN INFORMATION BLACKOUT has obscured the northernmost tip of India. Since it scrapped Jammu & Kashmir’s largely nominal...
- Vote! UN Security Council Discusses Kashmir Escalation VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council met privately Friday to discuss India's Aug. 5 decision to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, which has led to a security...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Indian ambassador to UN slams interference from ‘international busybodies’ over Kashmir SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - India’s ambassador to the United Nations on Friday slammed international interference over Kashmir, after the Security Council held its first formal meeting on the disputed region in almost 50 years.The...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Sources: US to Give Huawei More Time to Buy American-Made Parts
- - Omar Rejects Netanyahu’s Claims About Itinerary
- - Hong Kong is in India, Kashmir is in China. Right?
- - Muslim insurgent group in southern Thailand says it has opened a dialogue with the government
- - US may give Huawei another 90 days
- - Insurgent group denies bombings links
- - 15 bedroom Patong Guest House for rent
- - Experts Worry US Sending Mixed Messages to China on Hong Kong
- - Trump Warns of Economic Downturn if He Loses Next Year
- - Deaths of destitute North Korean mother and child spark national soul-searching in wealthy South Korea