India is now world’s No. 1 rice exporter
India has dethroned Thailand as the world’s top rice exporter for the first seven months of this year with a total export of 7.05 million tonnes – a slight increase of 0.8 percent against the same period last year, according to the Thai Rice Exporters Association. Thailand ranks second after India with a total export of 6.23 million tonnes – an increase of 1.1 percent. Vietnam is third with 4.33 million tonnes – a whopping increase of 18.9 percent. Thai Rice Exporters Association president Charoen Lathammatat said the association had adjusted Thailand’s rice export project for 2018 to 11 million tonnes worth about US$5.6 billion from earlier estimate of 9.5 million tonnes worth US$4.3 billion. He attributed the projection adjustment to higher demand of rice from importing countries such as the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia and the weakening of Thai baht making Thai rice more competitive in the world market.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, India is now world’s No. 1 rice exporter , simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Suspect in murder of two monks arrested
- - Iran summons Pakistan's envoy over deadly suicide bomb attack - Tasnim
- - Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed
- - Trump briefed in Florida on 'productive' China trade talks
- Older News
- Vote! Draft Rice Act draws objection from industry Bangkok Post (7 days ago) - Rice industry employers and academics have opposed the draft Rice Act, claiming it would harm...