India’s political parties go cartoon crazy as they chase country’s youth vote on social media
Ganesh Bhalerao is a cartoonist hoping to go viral in the battle to secure Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s re-election when India votes over the next two months.Hired by the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to find amusing ways to lionise Modi or lampoon opposition leader Rahul Gandhi, Bhalerao is a social media warrior in an election campaign being fought online as never before.“Political parties are realising the importance of cartoons as they elicit a huge response,” the 29-year-old former…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, India’s political parties go cartoon crazy as they chase country’s youth vote on social media, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 21 March
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Denmark Becomes Third Nordic Country to Form Leftist Government This Year VOA NEWS (Today) - Denmark on Wednesday became the third Nordic country this year to form a leftist government after Social Democratic leader Mette Frederiksen finalized terms for a one-party minority government, making her...
- Older News
- Vote! Social media: Asia’s new battleground between youth movements and state control of fake news SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Pro-democracy movements in Southeast Asia grappling with limited freedom of speech have found a new battleground in social media, but the rise of authoritarian policies on online platforms may curtail...
- Vote! Social media: a battleground between youth-led democracy movements and new cybercrime laws SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Pro-democracy movements in Southeast Asia grappling with limited freedom of speech have found a new battleground in social media, but the rise of authoritarian policies on online platforms may curtail...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket
- - Eric Trump Says He Was Spit on at Chicago Cocktail Lounge
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Phuket in the Top Ten list of Best Places to Visit
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Tuk-tuk baby birth! Cop barbershop? Deep south SIM card registry? || June 26