If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service?
Namgung Jin is anxious as he awaits the start of his military service in South Korea – almost two years in uniform guarding against the nuclear-armed neighbour to the north, with the two countries technically still at war.But by the time the 19-year-old college student enlists on March 5, just five days after the upcoming US-North Korea summit, some analysts say the Korean war may have been officially declared over.US President Donald Trump is due to meet the North’s Kim Jong-un in Hanoi for a…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Tuesday, 19 February
- Older News
- Vote! North Korea Slams Biden as 'Fool of Low IQ' VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - SEOUL- Juhyun Lee contributed to this report. North Korean state media slammed Joe Biden as an "imbecile" and a "fool of low IQ" Wednesday, Pyongyang’s first substantial comments on the...
- Vote! North Korea Asks UN to Address Ship Seizure by ‘Gangster’ US VOA NEWS (5 days ago) - North Korea has asked United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to deal with the “illegal” seizure of one of its cargo ships by the United States, state media said Saturday. “This...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters