Human error blamed for August 31 crash of e-banking system
Human error was blamed as the cause of the crash of the e-banking system of five commercial banks, causing temporary disruptions of electronic transactions on August 31. Thai Bankers Association president Pridi Daochai told a press conference on Tuesday that the crash of the e-banking system of Siam Commercial Bank, Thanachart Bank, Krung Thai Bank, Kasikorn Bank and Bank of Ayudhya was caused by human error. He said those responsible for the incident did not follow established working procedure. He maintained that disruption of electronic transactions did not cause any financial damage, but delayed banking services, causing inconvenience to bank customers who were used to smooth and fast service. He said the use of electronic transactions by bank customers has multiplied since the introduction of PromptPay system and the waiving of fees for digital money transfers, with the volume of mobile transactions averaging 1,000 transactions per second. The TBA president assured that the banking system is capable of handling e-banking transactions several times of the volume of the transactions and banks are now expanding the capacity for the future.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Human error blamed for August 31 crash of e-banking system, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Tuesday, 4 September, 2018
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Filipino killed by drunk driver
- - Will We See the Introduction of Flying Cars by 2025?
- - Nong Bank, 8, honoured as model citizen for cleaning Patong canal
- - Contemporary Art Galleries- Everything You Need to Know
- - Learning Spanish – A New Tool for Improving Your CV
- - The Interesting History of Furniture
- - Unregistered voters, Wi-fi woes led to long wait for Indonesian workers at polling stations in Hong Kong: election official
- - From youth voters to short-lived fears of golput, here are 5 takeaways from the Indonesian election
- - Respawn Halted Development of Another Game to Make Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- - What is Property Guardianship and How Does it Work?