Huawei bans: Panasonic suspends business with Chinese firm – South Korean firms could be next as US intensifies exclusion campaign
Japan’s Panasonic said on Thursday it is suspending business with Huawei after a US ban on the Chinese firm over security fears, in a new blow for the telecoms giant. It coincides with reports in South Korea that Washington has intensified efforts to persuade Seoul to also exclude the Chinese firm.“We’ve stopped all business transactions with Huawei and its 68 group companies … that are subject to the US government ban,” Panasonic spokesman Joe Flynn said. “Yesterday an internal instruction to…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Huawei bans: Panasonic suspends business with Chinese firm – South Korean firms could be next as US intensifies exclusion campaign, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 22 May
- Older News
- Vote! Huawei phone sales plunge Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SHENZHEN: Huawei's founder said Monday the Chinese telecom giant's overseas smartphone sales have tumbled since the US last month threatened to blacklist the company, and he warned the embattled firm...
- Vote! South Korean cult video game Legend of Mir takes on Chinese copycats SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - In The Legend of Mir, warriors and sorcerers battle creatures from an ancient universe. Now, South Korean studio WeMade’s long-time video game hit is at the centre of a string...
- Vote! Japan #beWhite campaign leaves firm red-faced Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - TOKYO: A Japanese firm has shelved an advertising campaign intended to promote gender equity at home after its #beWHITE hashtag sparked concern about racial sensitivities....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, says state media says
- - Cricket: Morgan's record-breaking six-fest helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Cricket: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - Cricket: Record-breaking six-fest from Morgan helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Factbox: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - New Focus on Innovation at Asia's Leading Event for the Tank Storage Industry
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, state media says
- - Xi Jinping’s state visit to North Korea aims for ‘new impetus’ in ties
- - Mains water supply outage in Kamala
- - Motorbike driver crushed by cement truck in Thalang, Phuket