How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
The threat of a sharper-than-expected economic slowdown in China could damage Asia’s growth prospects, according to analysts. While optimism is rising over continuing trade talks between the United States and China, they have yet to reach a deal and remain far apart on key structural issues. If the conflict were to intensify, China’s challenge would be to cushion its economy from a fall. China’s latest data on foreign trade, GDP growth and the purchasing managers’ index...... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 15 February
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home' Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - Chinese will keep buying Bangkok property despite the slowdown in Asia’s largest economy amid the trade war with the United States, according to Noble Development Plc....
- Older News
- Vote! Thai growth slips to 4-year low in Q1 Thailand Business News (Yesterday) - The National Economic and Social Development Council (NESDC) reported that GDP rose 2.8% year-on-year in the first quarter. The first quarter outcome is down from a revised 3.6% in the...
- Vote! Thai Economy likely to miss the 3.5% growth target Thailand Business News (3 days ago) - Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak said the Thai economy is likely to stay below the 3.5% growth target as projected earlier. He said the global economic slowdown hasweakened exports and...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters