How can I find out if my airline is safe?
SINCE the downing of Lion Air flight JT610 on Monday, we’ve heard a lot about the airline’s poor safety record and the ban imposed on all Indonesian carriers due to safety concerns. For many, this is the first time they’re hearing this, as airline safety records only seemed to be discussed after a tragedy has occurred. It’s understandable after such an event, in which all 189 people onboard died, that you will want to ensure an airline is safe before booking. Here are the resources you can use to source the information yourself without having to read about it in the news. SEE ALSO: Lion Air tragedy shines light on airline’s dismal safety record United States The International Aviation Safety Assessment Programme (IASA) operates on a country to country basis, banning the country rather than specific airlines if they don’t meet the standard. Hence why all Indonesian airlines – including... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, How can I find out if my airline is safe?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Young doctor eyes poll win
- - Carlos Ghosn makes new request for bail, offering up passports and Nissan stock as collateral
- - Trump, Pelosi again butt heads over shutdown
- - Spurs squeak by Fulham, City win handily
- - U.S. Senator Graham urges Trump to meet Pakistan PM Khan
- - ‘Lub d’ Chaweng beach Koh Samui
- - World's Oldest Living Man Dies
- - Ex-Nissan Chairman Ghosn Asks for Bail, Promises Not to Flee
- - Demand for ‘expat apartments’ remain high in Bangkok
- - Another Trump-Kim summit may be good for diplomacy, but will do little for denuclearization
- Older News
- Vote! Results are out: These are the world’s most punctual airlines ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (4 days ago) - ONCE AGAIN, Jetstar Asia is the most punctual low-cost carrier (LCC) in Asia-Pacific. It is...