Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
A hotel employee in Cha-Am is facing two years in jail after he was caught on CCTV shooting a stray dog under a car at the hotel. He told police that the dog had been chasing tourists and had been biting them. Earlier Oranut, 35, a representative of dog lovers Watchdog Thailand had gone to Cha-Am police with CCTV footage and called for the man’s arrest. A contingent of cops arrested Jomphon, 25, at the hotel that was not named. They took a 9mm gun and 43 bullets into evidence. Jomphon admitted that he had shot the dog that was cowering under a car at the hotel on 9th January. The dog had been chasing and biting tourists and after he was criticized for not doing his job properly he got angry and shot the animal. He apologized for this. He was charged with having an unlicensed gun and shooting in a public place. He also faces animal cruelty charges that carry a prison sentence of 2 years or a fine of 40,000 baht or both. Sanook The post Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 17 February
- Older News
- Vote! New Zealander found hanged in Patong hotel Phuket Gazette (5 days ago) - A New Zealand man has been found hanged in a room at a hotel in Patong. Patong Police were notified the incident at the Deevana Plaza Hotel on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi...
- Vote! New Zealand man found hanged at Patong hotel The Phuket News (5 days ago) - PHUKET: Police are investigating the death of a New Zealand man who was found hanged in the bathroom of a Patong hotel room on Friday afternoon (May 17)....
- Vote! Japanese man gets 5½ years’ jail for stealing China state secrets SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (7 days ago) - A Chinese court on Friday sentenced a Japanese man in his 70s to five-and-a-half years in prison for stealing state secrets, sources well-informed about Sino-Japanese relations said.The Intermediate People’s Court...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Myanmar, Thailand keen to co-host Under-20 World Cup
- - 77 year old Swede dies from heart attack on beach in Trat
- - Japan takes 15 phone-scam suspects from Thailand
- - Three injured in fresh seafood pickup accident in Krabi
- - Watch out Thailand, here comes Vietnam
- - IKEA Thailand launches full online store
- - Truck driver dodges charge for dangerous load as 33 tons of rice flip semi-trailer onto its side
- - Police load up charges against axe-weilding road-rage ambulance attackers
- - Cannon, gun base at Racha Noi declared items of national heritage
- - Taiwan to Expand Joint Rescue Operations in Disputed Sea