Hong Kong Protests & Fears of a China Crackdown
Protests paralyzing Hong Kong's central district are growing by the week. They are demonstrating to maintain Hong Kong's democratic freedoms in the face of China's rule. Plugged In with Greta Van Susteren examines what is at stake and the US policy with VOA Correspondent Mike O'Sullivan on the ground in Hong Kong, VOA Cantonese reporter Raymond Yam and Michael O'Hanlon from the Brookings Institution. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Hong Kong Protests & Fears of a China Crackdown, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Thursday, 22 August
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong Activists Urge US Lawmakers to Support Protesters and Stand Up to Beijing VOA NEWS (Today) - Prominent Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong urged U.S. lawmakers Tuesday to support human rights and democracy in the semiautonomous Chinese territory, declaring, "The stakes have never been higher."Wong's appeal for...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong leader to hold dialogue aimed at easing tensions Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: Hong Kong's leader, Carrie Lam, said on Tuesday she and her team would begin dialogue sessions with the community next week, while reiterating that violence that has roiled...
- Older News
- Vote! Singapore Yale-NUS College’s class on dissent ‘not training for Hong Kong-style protests’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - A Singaporean liberal arts college’s 11th-hour decision to scrap a week-long course on dissent and civil disobedience has sparked a fresh row over academic freedom in the city state, with...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Electricity outage to affect Mai Khao
- - Nigerian Boxing Mixes 'Bloodsport' with Mixed Martial Arts while Generating Income for Fighters
- - DMCR Phuket searching for dive boat for damaging corals
- - Rajabhat blood drive gives stocks a 659k cc shot in the arm
- - Explosion Kills 24 People at Election Rally in Northern Afghanistan
- - Blast kills 24 near election rally for Afghan president: health official
- - Blast outside rally in central Afghanistan kills at least 24
- - The Future of Colombia's Peace Accord in Doubt
- - Patong, Cherng Talay open donation centres to help flood victims
- - PM Prayut donates for flood victims, govt party postponed