Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit
A HOME buyer in Hong Kong has walked out of the purchase of a luxury unit in the city’s most affluent neighbourhood on The Peak, losing some HK$36.09 million (US$4.6 million) in yet another sign of a cooling property market. According to the South China Morning Post, the unnamed buyer cancelled a transaction for the house on Mount Nicholson after agreeing to buy it for HK$721.88 million (US$91million) on Dec 31. “It is definitely not good news for the market,” JLL executive director Joseph Tsang, was quoted as saying. SEE ALSO: Hong Kong hotel could become city’s densest housing estate “There are stories about buyers walking away from their purchases every day, but this one is more eye-catching.” Situated in Asia’s most expensive address, the house comes with a private garden and swimming pool, and was sold at an eye-watering HK$90,484 (US$11,540) per square foot in December. The price was more than seven percent cheaper than the adjoining house which was sold in April. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIAN CORRESPONDENT - Friday, 11 January
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand’s princess Ubolratana attends wedding of Thaksin Shinawatra’s daughter in Hong Kong SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Thailand’s Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya was present at the wedding of the controversial former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s youngest daughter in Hong Kong on Friday.The princess, whose bid to run as...
- Vote! Public prosecutor denies press reports they are seeking Thaksin’s extradition from Hong Kong Samui Times (3 days ago) - The director of the foreign affairs department of the public prosecutor’s office in Thailand has denied press reports that the Thais are going after former PM and fugitive Thaksin...
- Vote! Fed’s dovish policy will not erase carry trade risks in Hong Kong dollar, analysts say SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - The Hong Kong dollar’s rebound on Thursday after the US Federal Reserve surprisingly decided to halt its interest rate increases will only be temporary because traders will continue to exploit...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thai military party neck and neck with Pheu Thai opponent
- - PPRP poised to win most votes, Abhisit quits
- - Japan cancels deportation of Taiwanese man in same-sex relationship
- - 1,500 ballots from New Zealand invalidated after late arrival
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket