Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit
A HOME buyer in Hong Kong has walked out of the purchase of a luxury unit in the city’s most affluent neighbourhood on The Peak, losing some HK$36.09 million (US$4.6 million) in yet another sign of a cooling property market. According to the South China Morning Post, the unnamed buyer cancelled a transaction for the house on Mount Nicholson after agreeing to buy it for HK$721.88 million (US$91million) on Dec 31. “It is definitely not good news for the market,” JLL executive director Joseph Tsang, was quoted as saying. SEE ALSO: Hong Kong hotel could become city’s densest housing estate “There are stories about buyers walking away from their purchases every day, but this one is more eye-catching.” Situated in Asia’s most expensive address, the house comes with a private garden and swimming pool, and was sold at an eye-watering HK$90,484 (US$11,540) per square foot in December. The price was more... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Ex-Nissan Chairman Ghosn Asks for Bail, Promises Not to Flee
- New In Last Half Hour
- Vote! Hong Kong's port has fallen behind rivals. Industry experts say it needs to be more competitive CNBC - ASIA (Today) - Hong Kong's once world-beating port needs to raise its game or risk falling further behind...
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: A giant container ship sailing under a suspension bridge; Chinese cemeteries as densely...
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong developers are transforming run-down buildings ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (Today) - HONG KONG’S property developers are looking to transform run-down buildings into profit generators in the...