Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit
A HOME buyer in Hong Kong has walked out of the purchase of a luxury unit in the city’s most affluent neighbourhood on The Peak, losing some HK$36.09 million (US$4.6 million) in yet another sign of a cooling property market. According to the South China Morning Post, the unnamed buyer cancelled a transaction for the house on Mount Nicholson after agreeing to buy it for HK$721.88 million (US$91million) on Dec 31. “It is definitely not good news for the market,” JLL executive director Joseph Tsang, was quoted as saying. SEE ALSO: Hong Kong hotel could become city’s densest housing estate “There are stories about buyers walking away from their purchases every day, but this one is more eye-catching.” Situated in Asia’s most expensive address, the house comes with a private garden and swimming pool, and was sold at an eye-watering HK$90,484 (US$11,540) per square foot in December. The price was more than seven percent cheaper than the adjoining house which was sold in April. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Hong Kong luxury home buyer bails, loses $4.6m deposit, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIAN CORRESPONDENT - Friday, 11 January
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong walks free, calls on leader to resign Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: Hong Kong democracy activist Joshua Wong called on the city's pro-Beijing leader Carrie Lam to resign after he walked free from prison on Monday, as historic anti-government protests...
- Vote! Uncertainty looms as Hong Kong protests drag into new week CNBC - ASIA (Today) - Hundreds of protesters remained in the streets of Hong Kong on Monday morning as the new work week began....
- Vote! Protesters control key roads after historic Hong Kong rally Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - HONG KONG: Holdout anti-government protesters remained in control of a major arterial road in Hong Kong on Monday a day after organisers said two million people flooded the streets in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Ocean view Condo for sale Patong
- - Organizers say nearly 2 million march in Hong Kong protest calling for top official to quit
- - Massive demonstration chokes Hong Kong as extradition anger boils
- - Massive power outage hits Argentina, Uruguay
- - Indian magician Jadugar Mandrake missing after Ganges escape stunt goes wrong
- - Italy’s ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ arrested in Thailand for George Clooney fraud, fake Rolex scams
- - First Indian grey wolf to be spotted in Bangladesh for decades gets beaten to death by farmers
- - 'Toon' thanks Isan people for charity run
- - High-speed rail project mired in land issues
- - Crowds demand Hong Kong's top official quit after only pausing on China extradition plan