Hong Kong, like other cities, is running out of room for the dead
In Britain’s Middle Ages, dozens of books were written on the “Ars Moriendi” – the art of dying a good death. As our world population marches relentlessly towards 11 billion, that art is seriously in danger. Just as our increasingly urban millions find it harder to buy a few square feet in which to live, so the future of a space for our dead is under threat. As the Ching Ming grave-sweeping festival approaches, thousands of Chinese clan families that live out in the New Territories will visit…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Hong Kong, like other cities, is running out of room for the dead, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 22 March
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! 'Free Hong Kong:' Protesters pressure China ahead of G-20 summit CNBC - ASIA (Today) - About 10,000 people in Hong Kong protested Wednesday to urge this week's G-20 summit to take up what they say is an urgent need for increased democracy in the former...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong court overturns Tsang's misconduct conviction Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: A Hong Kong court on Wednesday threw out former Chief Executive Donald Tsang's conviction for misconduct relating to a property deal while in office....
- Older News
- Vote! UN: Hong Kong Should Consult Broadly on Extradition Bill VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights is urging Hong Kong authorities to "consult broadly before passing or amending” an extradition bill or “any other legislation,” as protests in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket