Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
Feb 19, 2019 Picture: 20 February 2019 – The results of the 20th Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition were announced yesterday, highlighting the skills of some of Hong Kong’s most talented young jewellers. This year’s competition spotlighted local designers’ boundless creativity and impeccable craftsmanship under the theme “Be Connected, Be United”. Among the creative entries were a school of fish assembled on a brooch, symbolising the power of unity, and a mix of Chinese and Western tableware miniatures set on a pair of earrings to represent cultural integration. The Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition is jointly organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), Hong Kong Jewellers’ & Goldsmiths’ Association, Hong Kong Jewellery & Jade Manufacturers Association, Hong Kong Jewelry Manufacturers' Association and the Diamond Federation of Hong Kong, China. Over the past two decades the competition has served to identify many budding talents and promote Hong Kong jewellery products to an international audience. The latest edition of the competition received close to 200 entries in two categories – the Open Group and Student Group. The panel consisted of seven judges from various sectors, who evaluated the entries based on: (1) creativity and innovation; (2) aesthetics, craftsmanship and wearability; (3) topic relevance; and (4) marketability (applicable only to the Open Group). The winning entries for both groups were announced at a press conference held yesterday (19 Feb) to introduce this year’s HKTDC Hong Kong International Jewellery Show and HKTDC Hong Kong International Diamond, Gem & Pearl Show. Open Group: Best of Show Award & Craftsmanship and Technology Award – “We are ONE” Three Best of Show awards were given in the Open Group. Jane Li’s entry, “We are ONE”, features a school of fish swimming elegantly in the sea, symbolising the power of unity. The brooch features larger... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Wednesday, 20 February
- New In Last Half Hour
- Vote! Fed’s dovish policy will not erase carry trade risks in Hong Kong dollar, analysts say SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - The Hong Kong dollar’s rebound on Thursday after the US Federal Reserve surprisingly decided to halt its interest rate increases will only be temporary because traders will continue to exploit...
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Foreign Affairs denies attempts to extradite Thaksin from Hong Kong Phuket Gazette (Today) - PHOTO: The happy couple and ‘dad’, in HK for tomorrow’s wedding The director of the foreign affairs department of the public prosecutor’s office in Thailand says media reports that the...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Taiwan's Golden Pin Design Award 2019 Call for Entries is Now Open ASIA TODAY (Yesterday) - Mar 20, 2019 Picture: A golden opportunity for international design agencies, companies, and individuals to demonstrate design excellence in Taiwan, Asia, and beyond Taipei, TAIWAN, March 20, 2019 --(...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Investors should avoid shares of this $36 billion, widely used Chinese tech firm, analysts say
- - High turnout expected for Thailand’s first election since 2014 coup
- - New Zealand: Guns Used in Mosque Attack Banned Immediately
- - Tolls on two motorways waived April 10-18 for Songkran
- - Thailand Post branches out into banking
- - Turkey's Erdogan: 'No Difference' Between New Zealand Killer, IS Terrorists
- - Protect Andaman mass beach cleanup at Layan nets 92kg of trash
- - Woman killed by sleeping pickup driver
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Crushed by water truck? Spa shooter ’snapped’! PTT to sell inmate products! || March 21
- - Soi Dog calling to end the suffering of homeless and neglected cats