Hakeem al-Araibi: calls grow for inquiry into police role in refugee footballer's arrest
Exclusive: Greens and the ACTU say parliament should investigate AFP’s role in the detention of Bahraini refugee in ThailandA parliamentary inquiry should examine the actions of the Australian Federal Police which led to the arrest of Hakeem al-Araibi in Thailand, Australia’s peak union body and the Greens have said.Al-Araibi, a 25-year-old Bahraini refugee who has permanent residency in Australia, was arrested on arrival in Bangkok for a holiday, on the basis of an Interpol red notice, which was later lifted. Related: Hakeem al-Araibi: Australia pours cold water on citizenship bid for refugee footballer Related: Hakeem al-Araibi: Bahrain says refugee footballer's life is not in danger Related: I spent the first day of my honeymoon in a jail cell with my husband Continue reading...... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Hakeem al-Araibi: calls grow for inquiry into police role in refugee footballer's arrest, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'The Guardian'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- - Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
- Older News
- Vote! Land of Smiles? Thailand’s history of deporting refugees and asylum seekers Prachatai (2 days ago) - Submitted on Thu, 2019-02-14 17:12Prachatai On 7 January 2019, after the Thai authorities had...
- Vote! Refugee footballer thanks Australian leader for freedom Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - CANBERRA: A refugee football player who was detained in Thailand for three months under threat...
- Vote! Hakeem al-Araibi: power, politics, football and the will of the people The Guardian (3 days ago) - The footballer’s plight crossed lines of international diplomacy, human rights, the Arab Spring, sport and...