Group campaigns against death penalty
ORGANISATIONS campaigning to abolish the death penalty in Thailand have now drawn up a bill that aims to replace the ultimate punishment with life imprisonment. We are now in the process of gathering the opinions of stakeholders on our draft law,” Gothom Arya, president of the Peace and Culture Foundation, said yesterday. Gothom said the foundation and its allies had started drafting the “Life Imprisonment in Place of Death Penalty Bill” three months ago. “We are now gathering the signatures of supporters. If at least 10,000 people sign the petition, we will propose it as a draft law to the National Legislative Assembly,” he explained. If the bill does not attract a huge number of supporters, then the network will consider handing it over to an agency interested in pushing it forward, he said. He was speaking after attending a meeting yesterday on the draft bill at the Office of the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Group campaigns against death penalty, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018