Gold, silver deposits discovered in northern Cambodia
An Australia-based mining company has announced the second discovery of gold and silver deposits at its drilling site in Preah Vihear province, the Phnom Penh Post Online reported on Thursday (April 19). In a statement released on the Australian stock market on Wednesday, Geopacific Resources, announced the discovery of a new zone of gold and silver at its Prospect 118 site in Preah Vihear province. The gold and silver were found in epithermal deposits which are typical small in size but high in concentration of minerals. These types of deposits are likely caused by the circulation of sub-surface water which breaks down organic compounds in the soil and mineralizes them. Geopacific Resources managing director Ron Heeks said more gold was likely to be discovered. With much of the land still unexplored by drilling, the most recent discoveries indicate that there remains significant deposits to be uncovered at the site, said... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Gold, silver deposits discovered in northern Cambodia, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Overstaying Spaniard arrested for handcuffing and raping Thai woman in Bangkok
- - Chinese tourists spend big during Chinese New Year holiday
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Dogs attack another boy! Murder suspect on the run! Life in prison? || Feb. 21
- - Serial sex pest arrested in Nonthaburi – he blames Viagra
- - Patong Police Chief to reign in tourists hooning on motorbikes
- - Chinese embassy ‘disgusted’ after Australian senator Barry O’Sullivan blames ‘Chinaman’ for food safety risk
- - Big Joke: “Dark skinned foreigner” lured pre-teen boys into van for 200 baht oral sex
- - Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
- - The Asia's Biggest Integrated Security Exhibition - SECON 2019
- - Police seek clues as fire burns down house
- Older News
- Vote! Gold prices up B150 to B19,800 Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - The Gold Traders Association this morning announced the buying prices at 19,344.16 baht per baht-weight...
- Vote! Gold prices unchanged at B19,600 Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - The Gold Traders Association this morning announced the buying prices at 19,147.08 baht per baht-weight...