Giant US Companies Seeking Digital Transformation Partners from Vietnam
Sep 28, 2018 NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Top leaders from 20 billion-dollar enterprises from various industries including AES Corporation, Walmart, GE Global, AT&T, IBM, PepsiCo, AIG, FedEx, etc. joined a Business Breakfast with Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc in the framework of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly. The Business Breakfast, co-hosted by FPT – a global leading IT service provider headquartered in Vietnam - and Business Council for International Understanding (BCIU), was the only business event with the Prime Minister throughout his trip, aiming to promote bilateral relationship on economics, investment and technology. Joining the Prime Minister are Vietnamese ministerial officials including Minister, Chief of Government Office; Minister of Industry and Trade; Minister of Health; Acting Minister of Information and Communications; Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment; Lieutenant General, Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Army of Vietnam; Vietnamese Ambassador to the US; and Ambassador of the Vietnamese delegation to the United Nations. Moderated by FPT Chairman Truong Gia Binh, the discussion on various policy frameworks and issues related to IT and investment in Vietnam has established opportunities for both sides to network, exchange views on business partnership and discuss about cooperation opportunities in the 4.0 Industrial Revolution. Emerging matters related to digital government, especially in e-Government and Smart City in Vietnam, caught special attention from US corporations. US enterprises’ concerns and problems encountered in the investment procedure in Vietnam were well demonstrated and resolved, thus opening up opportunities and accelerating successful businesses cooperation and investment in Vietnam. “Vietnam commits to creating favorable conditions, in terms of policies and other factors, for foreign science and technology organizations to cooperate in advanced technologies research and transfer to Vietnamese enterprises.” The Prime Minister affirmed. “With the young and mathematical-oriented workforce, Vietnam is prepared for the digital era”.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Giant US Companies Seeking Digital Transformation Partners from Vietnam, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Friday, 28 September, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Watch out Thailand, here comes Vietnam Phuket Gazette (Today) - “Vietnam is poised to take advantage of the next wave of digital technologies such as blockchain, AI (artificial intelligence), internet of things and cloud-based services to become Asia’s next high-performing...
- Vote! Ratch seeks partners for 2 gas-fired plants Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SET-listed Ratch Group is seeking business partners for two units of a gas-fired power plant in Ratchaburi province, with a combined power generation capacity of 1,400 megawatts (MW)....
- Older News
- Vote! Banks, insurers lead the way in RPA Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - Robotic process automation (RPA) is gaining momentum inside banks and insurance companies as part of digital transformation, says the global research firm IDC....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 77 year old Swede dies from heart attack on beach in Trat
- - Myanmar, Thailand keen to co-host Under-20 World Cup
- - Japan takes 15 phone-scam suspects from Thailand
- - Three injured in fresh seafood pickup accident in Krabi
- - IKEA Thailand launches full online store
- - Watch out Thailand, here comes Vietnam
- - Truck driver dodges charge for dangerous load as 33 tons of rice flip semi-trailer onto its side
- - Police load up charges against axe-weilding road-rage ambulance attackers
- - Cannon, gun base at Racha Noi declared items of national heritage
- - Taiwan to Expand Joint Rescue Operations in Disputed Sea