German tourist’s head bound with duct tape – Thai police suspect suicide
Ao Nang, Krabi police called to a luxury hotel’s 6th floor on Tuesday found a 40 year old German tourist dead in bed. Christopher Faust’s head was covered in a red bag and there was green duct tape binding from the neck up to the nose. The roll of tape was still attached. He had been dead between one and two days in the room that has it’s own private swimming pool. There were no signs of a struggle or theft. Items such as a laptop computer, money, credit cards and passport were all in place, reported Thai Rath There were two glasses half filled with a liquid on a table two meters from the victim. Two bags similar to the one covering his head were found by the bathroom. Pol Capt Sarawut Kittireuangrayap investigating found that Mr Faust had checked in to stay from the 7th to the 16th of June. Everything appeared normal according to staff – on Sunday he had ordered food in his room but had not been seen since. Police are giving weight to the theory that he committed suicide – there were bills for the duct tape in the room. They are checking the purchase of the tape and the CCTV at the hotel and an autopsy has been ordered at Krabi Hospital. Thai Visa / Daily News | Thai Rath The post German tourist’s head bound with duct tape – Thai police suspect suicide appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, German tourist’s head bound with duct tape – Thai police suspect suicide, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 12 June
- Older News
- Vote! Man sentenced to death for rape and murder of German tourist in Thailand SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - A Thai garbage collector has been sentenced to death for the grisly rape and murder of a German tourist holidaying on a beach island.Ronnakorn Romruen was arrested in April, hours...
- Vote! Polish tourist rescued from forest on Koh Pha-ngan Samui Times (6 days ago) - A Polish tourist was rescued from the forest on a mountain in Koh Pha-ngan in Surat Thani Monday night after getting lost earlier in the day, a senior tourist police...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Haziq Abdul Aziz detained for role in Malaysian sex video implicating minister Azmin Ali
- - Student killed by electrocution in Phuket public park under investigation
- - Pastor confirmed with Ebola as disease spreads in DR Congo
- - Local Afghan Journalist Killed by Unknown Assailants
- - Tropical Storm Barry Downgraded to Tropical Depression
- - Floods force millions to flee homes in India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- - Investors make DSI complaint against 'forex fraudster'
- - Derailment halts southern train services
- - Koreans find crying babies most annoying on flights
- - Pheu Thai top brass back Chadchart for Bangkok governor