G20 summit: hopes fade for Japan-Korea breakthrough as Abe-Moon talks ruled out
Any lingering hopes that tensions between Japan and South Korea might be smoothed over at the G20 summit in Osaka have been dashed, with both Tokyo and Seoul confirming the two nations’ leaders will not be holding talks.An official of the South Korean presidential Blue House said while Seoul was “always” ready for discussions with Japan, Tokyo did not appear to be in a similar position.That came after Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said at the weekend he would be too busy to meet his South Korean…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, G20 summit: hopes fade for Japan-Korea breakthrough as Abe-Moon talks ruled out, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 26 June
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! US Adviser Bolton Travels to Japan, S. Korea Amid Trade Dispute VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - White House national security adviser John Bolton departed on Saturday for a trip to Japan and South Korea as the two countries are in the middle of a trade dispute. A...
- Vote! Japan Votes in Upper House Election PHuket Hotel Deals News (Yesterday) - Phuket Travel Tips And Advise - Phuket Travel, Real Estate & Property AgentTOKYO — Japanese voters cast ballots Sunday in an upper house election, with Shinzo Abe’s ruling bloc looking...
- Older News
- Vote! South Korean Political Parties Back Moon in Japan Trade Row VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Setting aside their usual bickering, South Korean liberal and conservative parties on Thursday vowed to cooperate to help the Seoul government prevail in an escalating trade row with Japan. ...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Lufthansa Resumes Flights to Cairo after Safety Pause
- - Britain Drafts Plans to Sanction Iran in Tanker-Quarrel
- - Hong Kong Residents Deface Chinese Emblem in Latest Protest
- - UN: Humanitarian Situation in Syria Continues to Deteriorate
- - Recycled Water Part of Perth's Plan to Beat Climate Change in Australia
- - 'Stronger Than Ever': India Set for Fresh Moon Launch Attempt
- - 1,000 Firefighters Battle Wildfires in Central Portugal
- - Doctors: Detainee Allegedly Tortured in Sudan Dies
- - Thai Industrial Property market driven by rocketing Chinese FDI
- - Hong Kong protesters egg China office at end of massive rally