Fundación InterMundial and FITUR announce the next Responsible Tourism Prize
Oct 30, 2018 Picture: • Companies exhibiting at FITUR 2019, the International Tourism Fair to be held by IFEMA on 23 and 27 January, at Feria de Madrid, will be able to take part. • A new category has been established in which representatives from the blogosphere who have encouraged responsible tourism practices will be able to take part. Madrid, 29 October 2018. Fundación InterMundial, in collaboration with FITUR, announces the next Responsible Tourism Prize. In its first year, in 2017, there were 56 candidates from a total of 13 countries for this award, which came about to recognise the involvement of tourism companies working to develop and stimulate tourism which respects the environment, the economy and the local community. The prize is aimed at all those companies exhibiting at FITUR 2019 which, in the last two years, have worked to promote responsible tourism by implementing specific operating policies or measures or through actions aimed at their customers. Companies interested in taking part must put themselves forward as candidates, before 4 January, by emailing [email protected] and completing the registration form available on the FITUR website Just as last time, the Responsible Tourism Prize comprises different categories, according to which sector the participating company is in. As a new feature this time, a new Blogosphere division has been added, to recognise the blog which, with its content, works to raise awareness in society around sustainable tourism practices. The award is, therefore, divided into the following categories: • Hotel and catering trade (accommodation, catering and related services) • Tourist transport and tourism products and services (means of transport, airports, incentives and conferences, tour operators, agencies, leisure, health, etc.) • Tourist destinations • Blogosphere In January, the jury, made up of recognised professionals from the tourism sector, will choose a winner for... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Fundación InterMundial and FITUR announce the next Responsible Tourism Prize, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Tuesday, 30 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! TAT: “Thai brand of tourism” all about “responsibility and quality” – 10% rise in 2020 Samui Times (7 days ago) - The head of Thailand’s Tourism Authority expects a 10% rise in tourist revenue next year despite global economic uncertainty. Yuthasak Suphasorn still thinks that tourists will be flooding into Thailand...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - IMF cut global growth GDP in 2019 to 3.3% warning of higher risk
- - Floods force millions to flee homes in India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- - Investors make DSI complaint against 'forex fraudster'
- - Derailment halts southern train services
- - Koreans find crying babies most annoying on flights
- - Pheu Thai top brass back Chadchart for Bangkok governor
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Park electrocution! Pilot praised for sacrifice! Human skeletons found? || July 15
- - Malaysia’s ex-attorney general Apandi Ali sues politician Lim Kit Siang over 1MDB scandal
- - New reporting requirement for digital asset trading
- - Phuket python caught feasting on Rawai chickens