Forgetful Brazilian tourist leaves 91,000 baht on mini mart counter – but thankful for Thai honesty
A Brazilian tourist was very thankful for the honesty of an employee at the mini mart in the PT gas station in Samut Songkhram. CCTV showed that the tourist with her family had left two envelopes on the counter – one contained 41,000 baht in cash and the other US$ 1,562 (worth about 50,000 baht). She had arrived at the gas station in a van and was buying protective rain jackets. Mini mart employee Pornpailin Seesot contacted the police and with the help of JS 100 radio station and immigration the van was located in Krabi. The tourist had realized later that she had forgotten her holiday money but she had no idea where. She will be reunited with her cash on Thursday. Mrs Paula from Brazil said: “When I read here, I just got in the hotel. I read the message; I couldn’t believe my eyes. I can’t thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, God bless you very much! You blessed me. You made my whole year very happy and I’m very very grateful for her and her honesty to keep the money. She is really really nice, I can’t thank her enough and with tears in my eyes, please tell her, “Thank you!” Thai Visa / JS100 The post Forgetful Brazilian tourist leaves 91,000 baht on mini mart counter – but thankful for Thai honesty appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Forgetful Brazilian tourist leaves 91,000 baht on mini mart counter – but thankful for Thai honesty, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Tuesday, 8 January
- Older News
- Vote! Thai woman arrested for allegedly stealing cash from Pakistani tourist in Pattaya Samui Times (3 days ago) - A Thai woman was arrested in Pattaya early on Thursday after she allegedly stole Bt3,000 in cash from a Pakistani tourist. Police said Piyapat Habutdee, 23, from Kamphaeng Phet,...
- Vote! Cabbie returns forgotten bag, B400,000 to passengers Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - A taxi driver has returned a bag containing cash worth about 400,000 baht and important documents to a Danish tourist and his Thai wife who left them in his cab....
- Vote! Apple brings back iPad Air, revamps iPad Mini Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - SAN FRANCISCO: Apple Inc debuted a new mid-tier iPad with a larger screen and introduced the first iPad mini update since 2015....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thai military party neck and neck with Pheu Thai opponent
- - PPRP poised to win most votes, Abhisit quits
- - Japan cancels deportation of Taiwanese man in same-sex relationship
- - 1,500 ballots from New Zealand invalidated after late arrival
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket