Forgetful Brazilian tourist leaves 91,000 baht on mini mart counter – but thankful for Thai honesty
A Brazilian tourist was very thankful for the honesty of an employee at the mini mart in the PT gas station in Samut Songkhram. CCTV showed that the tourist with her family had left two envelopes on the counter – one contained 41,000 baht in cash and the other US$ 1,562 (worth about 50,000 baht). She had arrived at the gas station in a van and was buying protective rain jackets. Mini mart employee Pornpailin Seesot contacted the police and with the help of JS 100 radio station and immigration the van was located in Krabi. The tourist had realized later that she had forgotten her holiday money but she had no idea where. She will be reunited with her cash on Thursday. Mrs Paula from Brazil said: “When I read here, I just got in the hotel. I read the message; I couldn’t believe my eyes. I can’t thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, God bless you very much! You blessed me. You made my whole year very happy and I’m very very grateful for her and her honesty to keep the money. She is really really nice, I can’t thank her enough and with tears in my eyes, please tell her, “Thank you!” Thai Visa / JS100 The post Forgetful Brazilian tourist leaves 91,000 baht on mini mart counter – but thankful for Thai honesty appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Forgetful Brazilian tourist leaves 91,000 baht on mini mart counter – but thankful for Thai honesty, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Tuesday, 8 January
- Older News
- Vote! Farang checkout thief who stole 2,000 baht from Thai shopper returns the money – He’s British Samui Times (4 days ago) - The female Thai shopper who dropped 2,000 baht at a supermarket in Pattaya only to see an old westerner on CCTV pick it up and pocket it has told Thaivisa...
- Vote! Immigration busy fining Thais and foreigners – US man pays 5,000 baht fine for not doing 90 day report Samui Times (5 days ago) - Naew Na reported that immigration police in two provinces had fined Thais for not reporting the whereabouts of foreigners in their properties within 24 hours. An American man was also...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma
- - Philippine fishing boat’s sinking in South China Sea was ‘just a collision’, Duterte says
- - Strong earthquake hits southern China; injuries reported
- - Far-right motive seen in German pro-migrant official's murder
- - Book nerd PM: Prayut’s new image?
- - Filipinos burn Chinese flags in protest against Duterte’s ‘weak’ response to South China Sea sinking
- - Japan: a man’s world, with a record number of women running for election
- - Hong Kong leader says she's committed to finishing her term and rejects calls for her to quit
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Phuket Zoo inspected? Pregnant wife pushed off cliff! A motosai database? || June 18
- - The Trump summit in Hanoi broke down, but Xi’s Pyongyang visit is set to give Kim political capital – and tonnes of food